Clash of Clans - USMC Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clash of Clans - USMC Clan

United States Marine Corps Clan. We are comprised of active and veteran Marines.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GruntSgtMaj
Clan SGTMAJ
Clan SGTMAJ
GruntSgtMaj

BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES Empty
PostSubject: BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES   BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:48 am

1.  The first thing I want to say is that there is no base design in the game that can discourage every type of attack raiders or famers can throw at you. I have broken them down into three phases so it makes this easier to follow:

a. Air attacks - this comes in the form of MOAB (Balloons), Minions, Dragons or any combination of the three with ground troops. The easiest defense against this is high level Air Defense and to max your Air Mines and Air Seeking Bombs.

NOTE: Xbows are attained at Town Hall 9 and can be set to air/ground mode. While this reduces the overall range, it provides another layer of air defense.

b. Heavy assaults - these are lead with giants or golems and used in combination with wallbreakers. Once initial breach is made archers, barbarians, wizards, witches, and Valkyries can further push toward your Town Hall. Strong walls along with funneling using spring traps and layered defenses usually hold this attack at bay. Well placed strings of giant bombs and clusters of small bombs will help with hit point attrition.

c. Blitzkrieg - this is done with high concentrations of high level hog riders and heal spells. The only defense here is stacking giant bombs in pairs making sure they are at max level inside your base, as well as a solid layered defense. Also, single bombs are worthless - you should try to daisy chain them together in three's or put all six together for an added giant bomb.

NOTE: Inferno Towers are acquired at Town Hall 10 and can be set to multiple target. This can hit up to 5 targets at a time with reduced range. Heal spells do not work against them. They also target air units.

NOTE: Spell attacks from lightning are not defendable and are unfortunately another way players farm for resources.

2.  Now that we have that out of the way, you need to find a good design to fit the types of attacks you are getting. Upgrading too fast can leave you in a hurt locker as well, so get to a good base point and build from there. I recommend maxing everything you can starting at level 6, this way the impact of future upgrades will be minimal. Make sure all defenses and traps force are at max capacity for that level before advancing. I have been working on my level 9 Town Hall base since March and pushed several configurations along the way. I will post my current layout below for you to see.

3.  This is the order I would recommend doing upgrades based my own experience. There is no right way or wrong way and everyone has their own preferences. Do what works best for your situation.

Archer Towers - Wizard Towers - Cannons - Mortars - Tesla - Air Defense (after you add the Xbow this becomes a priority as it is an air/ground weapons system).

You can adjust this based on attacks against your base to fit your defensive scheme. Archer Towers and Wizard Towers add to air defense, and the Wizard Tower also deals out splash damage meaning more than one target is affected. Cannons deal individual damage while Mortars crush large numbers of invading troops.

4.  Troops should be upgraded quickly so you can stay competitive during clan wars. This is the way I did it and it has worked well for me, regular troops followed by dark:

Barbarian - Archer - Giant - Wizard - Healer - Dragon - PEKKA - Wall breaker - Balloon - Goblin

Hog Rider - Witch - Minion - Valkyrie - Golem

If you are doing low tech raids, then switch up the order for your upgrades. Low Tech includes Barbarian, Archer, Goblin, and Minion.

Hope this helps. You can use this website to construct your base or future base modifications:

http://www.clashofclans-tools.com

Last edited by GruntSgtMaj on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GruntSgtMaj
Clan SGTMAJ
Clan SGTMAJ
GruntSgtMaj

BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES   BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:27 am

CURRENT LEVEL 9 TOWN HALL CONFIGURATION:

BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES <a href=BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES Img_0072" />
Back to top Go down

BASE DEFENSE, DEFENSIVE WEAPON AND TROOP UPGRADES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clash of Clans - USMC Clan :: General Discussion-
Jump to: